function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ram2forceram2force 

how to retrive some messages from my domain and store it in my Accounts object.

I have created a domain in Developer Edition......In that I have created a site also........

I want to retrive some messages from my domain(Developer Edition Domain) and store it in my Accounts object.....How to do this......whenever a new message updated in my domain will automatically update in my Accounts object......how to do this......

Please help..............

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

When you refer to messages in your domain, do you mean your force.com site, or is this an external domain?  If the latter, you'll probably need to invoke a web service or REST api to update the account with the new information.

If that doesn't help, can you post a bit more detail about what you are trying to achieve?

ram2forceram2force

My Domain means, Domain created in Developer Edition by me.....like, ramtrg-developer-edition.ap1.force.com

Actually i want to write a Script to my domain(Developer edition domain)....That script get some messages from some url, and it will push to my Accounts objects particular fields continuosly......

is it possible.....if possible  how to write that script in my domain.....

Plz help me......

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can write a schedulable apex class that executes periodically and this can access the external URL via an HTTP callout or similar and then updates the accounts.

ram2forceram2force

Sure.....Accurately!!!......can i write like that.....how to write that class and add to my domain....

Plz reply.....Also Thank you for your understanding my needs quickly........

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can create a schedulable class simply by implementing the schedulable interface,  e.g.

global class MySchedulable implements Schedulable
{
   global void execute(SchedulableContext sc) 
   {
   	// make your callout here
   }   
}

Salesforce recommend that you create a utility class to actually carry out the work for the execute method rather than writing code in the method.

Once you have your class working, you can schedule it either via the UI or from Apex code.

There's more information on scheduled Apex at:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_scheduler.htm

and details of callouts at:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_callouts.htm

ram2forceram2force

Thank You Very much Mr.Bob.....I will try it...if any problem i will send post.......

Thank you very much for your quick Response and quick understanding.........

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

No problem - any issues post back to this thread.

sfdccrmsfdccrm

We planning to use MY DOMAIN. Please tell me the potential risks and approach to assess the LOE with base code apex, visualforce and java script resources reference to *.force.com , *.salesforce.com In MY DOMAIN

sfdccrmsfdccrm

Hi Can anyone please provide useful information regarding  Potential risks in existing code base in MY DOMAIN

thanks in advance.'