function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brijesh_85Brijesh_85 

Visualsource Page Loading-- Taking too much time

Hi All,

I have developed one simple appication.which holds only one custom object.I have created one visualforce page.

On That page Using standardController I am calling that Custom Object.And in PageBlock   I am displaying records of that Custom Object.

I have configured properly to access the page from URL.But While I am accessing that page from URL.It is taking almost 3 to 4 minutes to load that page.

Question : Can anyone tell me why ?

Do I need to do some more settings to load the page fast. If yes please mention steps.

I have tried for three different pages.but the result is same.

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent

there are total 28 requests and about 2MB+ volume to download for the first time. For me the first time is taking about 6 seconds. The reason is that you are using standard style sheet and portal integration which downloads a large size javascript library and style sheet.

the page probably is taking the similar amount of time to download when you browse it while you are logged in to your org (so this is not force.com sites specific).

since you added the cache="true", now the second time render only takes 241ms for me. Because all these files are cached in my browser after the first download.

A) in a production org these files would be cached in 40+K servers all around the world and will be served from the closest location to the end user. Developer edition orgs are not integrated with the caching servers.

B) you can disable standard style sheets usage in your visualforce pages and use your custom one. But you are using the portal integration which would download the library files anyway.

the bottom line is that performance will be way faster if you run your site in an active org, even if you access it from a location that is far away from data centers (north america to india), because of the out of the box CDN integration that force.com sites provides.

All Answers

BulentBulent

can you post the public URL for your page?

Also can you tell us if you are accessing the page out side of North America?

There is no caching in place for Developer Edition orgs so each time you are downloading the standard stylesheets and javascript which is quite large. You can try cache=true in your apex page tag which will cache the page in your browser so the consequent requests will be faster  

Brijesh_85Brijesh_85

Hi Bulent,

1. The URL is http://mindtreelabs-developer-edition.na6.force.com/Neuron

2. Yes , I am accessing the Page from Banglore,India.

3. I have added catch="true" in my visualsource page.but still it is taking time to load the page.

Thanks.

Brijesh Thakur

Brijesh_85Brijesh_85

Hi Bulent,

Yes.. Now it is loading within one minute..

One more question, If you can help me.. I want to create users to access my portal. Can You please tell me how to do it ??

Thanks,

Brijesh Thakur,

BulentBulent

there are total 28 requests and about 2MB+ volume to download for the first time. For me the first time is taking about 6 seconds. The reason is that you are using standard style sheet and portal integration which downloads a large size javascript library and style sheet.

the page probably is taking the similar amount of time to download when you browse it while you are logged in to your org (so this is not force.com sites specific).

since you added the cache="true", now the second time render only takes 241ms for me. Because all these files are cached in my browser after the first download.

A) in a production org these files would be cached in 40+K servers all around the world and will be served from the closest location to the end user. Developer edition orgs are not integrated with the caching servers.

B) you can disable standard style sheets usage in your visualforce pages and use your custom one. But you are using the portal integration which would download the library files anyway.

the bottom line is that performance will be way faster if you run your site in an active org, even if you access it from a location that is far away from data centers (north america to india), because of the out of the box CDN integration that force.com sites provides.

This was selected as the best answer
BulentBulent

take a look at the Force Platform Developer Guide: Chapter 14:Taking Your Application Public with Force Platform Sites

there is a recruiting application example that uses portal integration, user creation etc.. 

Brijesh_85Brijesh_85
Thank You Very Much... :manhappy: