function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brijesh_85Brijesh_85 

Error:Your request cannot be processed at this time.The site administrator has been alerted.

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me out about this error.

I am enabling the NewUser feature in my site. And while registering I am getting this error.I am also recieving

One Email by saying that  "accountId parameter value is not valid "

Message Edited by Brijesh_85 on 02-26-2009 03:58 AM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent

let's clarify this. I think the question is not if the account record is free or not. The question is if the login requires any licenses or not (if I understand correctly)

Sites provides integration with customer portal and partner portal products for authenticated access. and these products require licenses.

For developer edition orgs, we included 10 portal licenses included free, so that related flows can be tested out. 

All Answers

BulentBulent

You need to set a valid accountid in the SiteRegisterController apex controller.

Alternatively, you can take a look at the Force Platform Developer Guide: Chapter 14:Taking Your Application Public with Force Platform Sites

there is a recruiting application example that uses portal integration, user creation etc..  

Brijesh_85Brijesh_85

Hi Bulent,

I have referred that Chapter Only.

Do I Need to pay to create a New Account and use it for Login & Register or its free ??

Thanks,

Brijesh Thakur 

SaratSarat

Brijesh,

Of course it is free. It is just another account in the Accounts tab.

Good luck,

Sarat.

BulentBulent

let's clarify this. I think the question is not if the account record is free or not. The question is if the login requires any licenses or not (if I understand correctly)

Sites provides integration with customer portal and partner portal products for authenticated access. and these products require licenses.

For developer edition orgs, we included 10 portal licenses included free, so that related flows can be tested out. 

This was selected as the best answer
TaoDuhTaoDuh

I was getting this error.

The problem was, I was passing in a person account to the registration method.  (We use those exclusively in our business.)  Since multiple contacts can't be created off a person account, the call fails with the above error message.

Might be worth throwing that in the docs.  (The docs imply but don't explicity state that contacts will be created off the account that is passed in.)

BulentBulent
Person accounts are not supported for self service registration. It's documented in the online help.
TaoDuhTaoDuh

Ah, thanks.

It is not mentioned that I noticed here:

http://developerforce.s3.amazonaws.com/books/Force.com_Developer.pdf
(page 455)

jeniffer homesjeniffer homes
The problem was, I was passing in a person account to the registration method.  (We use those exclusively in our business.)  Since multiple contacts can't be created off a person account, the call fails with the above error message.

Regards,
Jeniffer.
Website:- (http://www.contacttelephonenumbers.com/sky-contact-telephone-number/)
Matthew Jones 13Matthew Jones 13
Problem I had is that the previous challenge had me register a "Customers" user with my email.  Because email is unique I simply entered a different email address and had no problems. 
MuthunavaneethakumarMuthunavaneethakumar
I was stuck like any thing on this step of module, thanks @matthew Jones 13, you solution solved my 1 hour of head ache