function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MATTYBMEMATTYBME 

Circumventing login on Ideas Base Theme Limited Release to authenticate via Customer Portal Login

Hi - I have been given access to the Ideas Base Theme Limited Release and am in the process of cloning all the Visualforce pages, components and statis resources to repupose it for a Discussion Board. I want this all to work within my Customer Portal and not part of Sites. I have gone through the Sites setup in order to see the layout but now want to tie this into my Customer Portal and am at a loss as to how to route it all through the Customer Portal login so that it Authenticates a CP User upon entry to the Portal.

Anyone willing to point me in the right direction?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
nori_ideasnori_ideas

Hi there.

You can essentially 'ignore' the login/registration pages. The way the base theme works, is the sign in and registration pages just tie to the portal sign in pages. So you couldjust ignore those and use your current sign in pages.

Once you log in to the customer portal, either: redirect them to the base theme pages, or present a button so they can get there themselves.

Try this:

go to /apex/ideaList

you should see the base theme page.

All Answers

BulentBulent

Please take a look at this related post, also you can find more in for in chapter 14 of the developer guide

MATTYBMEMATTYBME

Thanks for this.

Which Developer Guide are you referencing?

MATTYBMEMATTYBME

You said in your previous Post:

Bulent wrote:
The last step to complete the loop is the user registration piece. We provide out of the box sample visualforce pages and apex controllers for login, registration, reset password and change password.
For ideas registration use case, you need to update the SiteRegisterController and populate the account id with an account in your own org.

That seems only relevant to tying the site registration into the portal user creation. What I am looking to do is have the Idea site be part of my Portal (no public access) so I need to modify something so that when a user logs into the portal they can make posts on the Idea site etc.

I am not sure what I need to modify and how? Any help would be appreciated.

As I do not want to use the vote functionality, as I am repurposing Ideas Base Theme tp be a traditional Discussion Board, it seems that the relevant VF pages that reference any kind of login functionality are the /apex/ideaPost and /apex/ideaView.

Message Edited by MATTYBME on 04-24-2009 07:05 AM
nori_ideasnori_ideas

Hi there.

You can essentially 'ignore' the login/registration pages. The way the base theme works, is the sign in and registration pages just tie to the portal sign in pages. So you couldjust ignore those and use your current sign in pages.

Once you log in to the customer portal, either: redirect them to the base theme pages, or present a button so they can get there themselves.

Try this:

go to /apex/ideaList

you should see the base theme page.

This was selected as the best answer
MATTYBMEMATTYBME
Thanks Nori. That worked a charm.