function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Siddhesh KabeSiddhesh Kabe 

Major Problem in Sites- Urgent Help!!!

I am trying to build a blog site using Sites and YUI

http://saasblog-developer-edition.ap1.force.com/

But I do not see my CSS and images in public. I have set Default caching to 'Public'...yet it is not there.

Also as soon I login using portal user, it shows insuffitient previleges???

Please help me out...

Thanks in advance.

SiD

http://sidoscope.blogspot.com

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent

In order to expose a custom object for your portal profile first you need to enable your custom object for portals then clone the portal profile so that you can enable CRUD for the custom object and finally you need to enable this new custom profile for your portal.

You might want to check Force Platform Developer Guide Chapter 14 shows how to expose an application on Force.com Sites. That has the steps for this.

Also, you need to make sure your custom object status is "deployed", if it's in "Development" status then you can't access it via sites. 

Message Edited by Bulent on 06-23-2009 02:00 PM

All Answers

wesnoltewesnolte

Hey

Can you post some code?

Cheers,

Wes 

hey hi, my CSS problem has been solved, I had hardcoded the stylesheet. But still I cannot enable my custom object acess to portal user profile.

Please help me...

<apex:page showHeader="true" standardStylesheets="false" sidebar="false" showHeader="false" standardcontroller="Blog_Post__c" extensions="blogController" >
   <apex:styleSheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.saasblog,'images/default.css')}"/>
<div id="body">
<!-- start header -->
<div id="header">
    <div id="logo">
        <h1><a href="#">SaaS Blog</a></h1>
        <h2>Build on Force.com</h2>
    </div>
    <div id="menu">
        <ul>  
        <apex:form >
            <li class="active"><a href="#">home</a></li>
            <li><a href="/apex/SiteLogin">login</a></li>

<li><apex:commandLink action="{!handleNewPostClick}"> new post</apex:commandlink></li>

<li><a href="#">about</a></li>
            <li><a href="#">contact</a></li>
          </apex:form>
        </ul>
    </div>
</div>
<!-- end header -->
<!-- start page -->
<div id="page">
    <!-- start content -->
    <div id="content">
        <!-- start latest-post -->
        <div id="latest-post" class="post">
        <h1 class="title">{!Blog_Post__c.Name}</h1>
        <p class="meta"><small>Posted by {!Blog_Post__c.CreatedBy.name} on {!Blog_Post__c.CreatedDate}<br />
                Filed under <a href="#">[labels]</a></small></p>
        <div class="entry">
                {!Blog_Post__c.Post__c}               
        </div>
      </div>
      <div id="recent-posts">
          <apex:repeat value="{!Posts}" var="post">
            <div class="post">
                <a class="title" href="/apex/template?id={!post.Id}" >{!post.Name}</a>
                <p class="meta"><small>Posted by {!post.CreatedBy.Name} on {!post.CreatedDate}<br />
                  Filed under <a href="#">Uncategorized</a> </p>
                </div>
           </apex:repeat>
            </div>
        </div> 
    </div>  
<!-- end page -->  
 </div>
 </apex:page>

This is the VF page

wesnoltewesnolte

Page permissions, apex classes or object permissions are the most obvious thing to check first. Check the profile for the portal user and make sure that they ahve access to the class, pages, and objects that you want them to access.

Wes

I am not able to access custom objects in customer portal. Am I missing something???
wesnoltewesnolte

You may need to login as admin of your developer account and configure the portal user profile from there. The profiles are accessible from Setup > Manage Users > Profiles. Check out the Apex, Object, and VisualForce page permissions for the portal user profile there.

Cheers,

Wes

BulentBulent

In order to expose a custom object for your portal profile first you need to enable your custom object for portals then clone the portal profile so that you can enable CRUD for the custom object and finally you need to enable this new custom profile for your portal.

You might want to check Force Platform Developer Guide Chapter 14 shows how to expose an application on Force.com Sites. That has the steps for this.

Also, you need to make sure your custom object status is "deployed", if it's in "Development" status then you can't access it via sites. 

Message Edited by Bulent on 06-23-2009 02:00 PM
This was selected as the best answer
...Yup this has solved it...thanks