function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
krrkkrrk 

Chatter Styling in Meassage Post

hi all,

I am posting a message on my salesforce chatter using user.currentStatus = 'status'.

I want to customize the styling property of text the way it appears in chatter.is there any way by which i can make some words bold or some different color.

Thanks,

Kaushik

cloudcodercloudcoder

OOTB this is not possible. If you really wanted to do it you could write a custom Visualforce page and render the userstatus however you want to. It would be a decent amount of work though

krrkkrrk

Hi,

Thanks for the solution but I would like to show the page on Force.com Site so is it possible to query on NewsFeed object and show the result on Force.com Site because I tried to do that and was unsuccessful while the same page was working properly when displayed it without site.

Thanks,

Ray

b-Forceb-Force

plese check , that the fields that you have quered in SOQL are accessible to site user,

Thanks,

Bala

krrkkrrk

Hi,

I am querying on newsFeed which is actually not an Object.so it doesnt have any Field level access. I did some searching and found some limitations of chatter to be used with sites like <chatter> tags for VF page cannt be used in sites.

Anyone got any idea about how to get news feed results on Sites.?

Thanks in advance,

Ray