function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ArunaAruna 

automate the Test Data load for every Sandbox Refresh

Is there a way that we can automate the Test Data load for every Sandbox Refresh other than the Data Loader.

I heard that we can implement via Informatica Cloud. We do have Informatica Cloud.

can any one suggest me how to do that, 

Thank you

MarkSilberMarkSilber

We have successfully used Informatica Cloud to move data from production Salesforce instances to sandboxes. The trick is rebuilding the relationships between objects. If we use a config or dev only sandbox, we typically don't move all data from production, only certain components, such as active customers and data related to those active customers.

What I did was create a custom field, named Prod ID, on every object that we move and made it an external key field. I then populate this field using the Record ID of the same object when it gets moved from prod to the sandbox. For, example, I start with active Accounts and move those records from prod to sandbox and map the prod Account Record ID field to the Prod ID custom field that now exists on the Account object. For subsequent (related) objects, I use that field to associate other records to that object. The same works for objects that are 2 or 3 levels removed from the Account object. As long as you move them in order and have the Prod ID field populated, you can rebuild the relationships when the data is moved from prod to sandbox.

If you want to chat more, please send me a direct message with your email address and we can set up a conference call and/or demo of how we do this.

Kman1976Kman1976

Mark,

I liked your idea.I think you might have wrote  Apex or Web Services API code to relate all the objects and then move the data ..Did you tried with developer sandbox which has only 10 mb data space? We don't have full sandbox license at this moment...So I am trying to move some sample data..But in my case i have a whole bunch ojects data needs to be related and then move the data..Is there any tool that shows all the dependencies and generate some apex code to move atleast few records from Production to dev sandbox..Pl's let me know ??

Thx

NiranjanGNiranjanG
AutoRABIT (http://www.autorabit.com)has an advanced data loader that has multi-object and parent-child based data loading capabilties where you can migrate data of a set of objects along with their parent objects and child objects at once into a Sandbox. You can schedule this process to run everytime you do a Sandbox refresh .