function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GangulyGanguly 

Enable Chatter for non Salesforce Users

Hi All,

I have a Client Requirement wherein they have around 60 user licenses and around 5000 Chatter Free licenses for their Org. They want all their employees to have access to chatter (3000+  non salesforce users). How non SFDC users can be given chatter access in one go for all users (3000+  users)?

Is there any way LDAP data can be brought into SFDC for user creation ?

Any Idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kaushik

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
cloudcodercloudcoder

You could use Chatter Free for this, but I suspect that you @companyname.com is already taken, which is how you indicate who is a member of a Chatter Free org. 

One option would be to create an integration between your LDAP service to map @companyname.com users  @companyname.free users and load/sync these into your org. 

All Answers

cloudcodercloudcoder

You could use Chatter Free for this, but I suspect that you @companyname.com is already taken, which is how you indicate who is a member of a Chatter Free org. 

One option would be to create an integration between your LDAP service to map @companyname.com users  @companyname.free users and load/sync these into your org. 

This was selected as the best answer
GangulyGanguly

Thanks a lot.

Can you also guide me through the steps as to how the load/sync of addresses will be done in salesforce org. If you can guide me through the steps for the same, it will be a great help for me.

Regards,

Kaushik

cloudcodercloudcoder

That is too big a question to any fully in a discussion board. Check out the following link which should point you in the right direction:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/How_to_Implement_Single_Sign-On_with_Force.com