function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tbuckettbucket 

Posting Tasks to Chatter Feed?

(I don't necessarily agree with this, but here we go....)

At the end-user request, I am trying to figure out a way to post Activities to Chatter.  I'm not sure I can do it without code....and if I can do it without code, I'm really not sure I can do it without EE (we are on PE).  They want to be able to click on the task and be taken directly to the task (not just the Account page)

Possible approaches I have thought about (but not sure if any of them will work):

1. A checkbox field called "Post to Chatter?" on the Activity page layout.  When it is TRUE, that Task gets posted to Chatter under the Company.  This would allow the creator of the Task to determine if it is "Chatter Worthy" on a case-by-case basis.
  2. Another option I thought about was to auto-follow Tasks if the user is following the Company.  That knda sounds more complex and less flexible than the qst option.
  3. (This would work in PE, but really does not meet their requirements) create a roll-up summary field on Account objectt that counts tasks, and include that field in your Chatter feed.  That would increment and alert followers of a new task, but would give them no other information.  Kind of a poor-man's alternative.

Any ideas in this area would be helpful.  I'm also hitting the SE up, but this might fall more into developer territory.

Thanks in advance!

on the  needing to 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
tbuckettbucket

In case anyone is/was following this, the answer was:   use the FeedItem function from the Chatter API.  Doing it now with some help from SF.