function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vinod Kumar TomarVinod Kumar Tomar 

Custom Tab access Issue in Public Sites

Hi,
I have created one public website with the below URL:-

https://free-12415f14c3a-124e539428a-1284e7ab311.secure.force.com/developer

when I click on any tab it asks me for authorization. Can this group help me to access this public site?

goabhigogoabhigo

You must give permissions to the user to see the records. I mean the site user should have access to custom objects- Colleaues, Available Trainings, Training Providers, Training Records, Dummies.

This can be checked by - Your Name-Develop-Sites-YourSite-Public Access Settings.

Check the permissions are granted under 'Custom Object Permissions'. If you are using any visualforce pages, which overrides the tab, then you should include those also into that profile.

Hi Abhi,

Thanks for your response. I have  given all 6 permissions to all given objects. I am using a trail enterprise edition. Would this causing the issue? Also I dont see the site profile under Profile bucket. I see site profile when I click on public access settings of web site.

goabhigogoabhigo

You will not see that profile under Profiles dont know why they made it so.

I hope you have given those permissions to Site user profile.

Let me test it.

I have provide all required permissions on profile. Yes please check it and if you find solution please share with me as well.

Hi Abhi,

Can you please share if you have found the solution for the site?

goabhigogoabhigo

As of now, override the tab, view, new edit buttons with corresponding VF pages for each object(don't forget to include those VF pages to that profile). It works.

I know this is not the perfect solution but I am bit held up so can't really concentrate on this.

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Tabs are not accessible on public website without login, it may be due to security reason by Salesforce.

Pandey.ax996Pandey.ax996

We don't have permission for the Standard tab On salesforce .Due to security reasons

Michael McMahonMichael McMahon

I've granted READ access to all custom objects, but any time a GUEST user tries to click on a tab, they get an Authorization Required error.  I read about debugging, but I can't find anywhere to debug the GUEST user since they don't show up in the User Profiles.  GUEST users are able to view VF pages, but the tabs always generate the Auth Required message.  Are TABS really not clickable by GUEST users?  That's crazy.  How would I give GUEST users access to reports if they can't click on the tab?  thank you for your help

Michael

Red2678Red2678
Am I going about this wrong? I am getting the same thing. First time really using sites. Did you guys figure this out? ~Thanks
Michael McMahonMichael McMahon

This was a while ago, but I think the problem for me was that I was trying to provide access to standard Salesforce tabs, some of which are not accessible to Guests, including Reports. (As pointed out above by Pandey, but I didn't fully understand his answer at first). 

I'm not sure that I ever resolved this satisfactorily for my own site, however, so if my answer here does not solve your problem please let us know and I'll work on solving it, too.

Good luck!

Santhosh KumarSanthosh Kumar

Michael McMahon wrote:

I read about debugging, but I can't find anywhere to debug the GUEST user since they don't show up in the User Profiles.   

To debug the pages for public site pages, you need to add the site corresponding guest user in the monitoring. Goto monitorning, debug logs and enter the name as *guest*, it should all guest users and you can pick one.