function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
wposnerwposner 

SalesForce Knowledge > website

One of the reasons we went with the Salesforce Knowledge and the Public Knowledge base sample that is available on Appexchange was somwhere it mentioned we could put the files on our own site.  I have yet been able to do that.  Just want to take the files/code and place them on our site and access the data.  Where can I find instructions to do that?

Thanks

francoisLfrancoisL

I guess that it's much easier to get files/code by installing the appexchange package. After installed, you will be able to modify and do wahtever you want with the code.

Does that sounds right?

wposnerwposner

I understand I can modify the pages as it resides on force.com, but I want to place these pages on a completely different website and not use forece.com  this is where i am running to problems

francoisLfrancoisL

In this case, this package will not really help you since page use lot of VisualForce tag that are running only on salesforce.

wposnerwposner

well I was told somewhere along the line, and the reason we purchased the Knowledge upgrade, we could move this to our own website, I just need to know how.

francoisLfrancoisL

If our website is not using Force.com, you can can use Knowledge webservices api to integrate knowledge to your portal.  

wposnerwposner

what portal? All I want to do is add the Public Knowledgebase to our OWN website, and NOT use forece.com  We were told we could do this. I need to know where are the instructions to do this.  How do I get the functionality to our own website.??

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

As per Fransico, You really cannot host force.com pages outside force.com platform. The only way to get all the kb articles to your site is to integrate salesforce knowledge to your site using SF API's. Thats all you could do to get the functionality of what you are talking.

Thanks.