function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BBeairdBBeaird 

Language Localization for Unauthenticated Sites

I have a public unauthenticated site that I am working to deploy to other countries and other languages besides English.  My first one will be in Spanish.  I have converted everything to labels and have added Spanish translation to the labels.  My intent is to change the language by hitting the page with a "lang" query string.  

However, even when I test by manually setting the language parameter in the apex:page tag, nothing is being translated.  Everything is always in English no matter what I do.  What's going on here?  Is there something special about doing translation for Force.com sites?

Page tag:

<apex:page controller="CalcController" sidebar="false"  showHeader="false" language="es">

Example label tag (has a Spanish translation but is always displaying in English)

{!$Label.denotes_required_field}

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BBeairdBBeaird

Turns out I never went into translation workbench to enable Spanish.

FAIL

All Answers

BBeairdBBeaird

Turns out I never went into translation workbench to enable Spanish.

FAIL

This was selected as the best answer
Syed Amjad AliSyed Amjad Ali
The need for eLearning Localization is inevitable for companies with their eyes on global growth. Our translation and localization experts transform your training content for local consumption while staying faithful to your core messages and brand identity. https://www.swiftelearningservices.com/content-translation-and-localisation/