function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DSIDSI 

HELP! Reports UI changed!

I just logged on and realized that Salesforce changed the Reports tab user interface in the last few days.  Instead of a nice set of folders that you can arrange any way you want, including hiding folders, the new UI lists all the folders on the left hand side of screen, Windows-Explorer-like and then you click on the folder to see the list of reports in the folder.  I could live with it, except I don't see how to hide certain folders from the folder list.  When I try to edit the folder, it does indeed indicate that the folder is hidden as I specified, yet it still shows up in the folder list and I can still run the reports that are in it?  Any suggestions?  This is an emergency, as all the extra folders will confuse the users to no end!  I want the old interface back!!!

It is rather annoying when Salesforce changes the user interface without telling the customers.  Sometimes the new interfaces are not as good as the ones they replaced.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
DSIDSI

To get back to the old reports interface:

setup > customize > user interface

then uncheck

enable new user interface theme

:-)

All Answers

DSIDSI

To get back to the old reports interface:

setup > customize > user interface

then uncheck

enable new user interface theme

:-)

This was selected as the best answer
communitycommunity

If you uncheck the 'Enable New User Interface Theme' It's going back to very old state of force.com w/o chatter/theme etc.,. What if I just want all the theme features chatter and just the previous report builder i.e., to that old state how it was a week ago.

DSIDSI

Sorry, I don't use chatter/theme, so I don't know how to solve that problem.  I am just afraid that one of these days, I will be forced into a new user interface that I don't want.  This is not the first time this has happened, with no warning.  It means retraining, new documentation, etc.  It's really bad when you're trying to demo an appication for a potential client.  The impact of a user interface change on the community is non-trivial. This is exacerbated when the new interface is buggy.  Wonder if there's anyone at Saleforce that users can talk to about this practice.

cgb1800cgb1800

Hi - We had the same reaction.  I opened a case and they rolled the report interface back to the report builder that was there before the Winter '12 release.  Not sure how long they will leave it rolled back.  We have the new interface in our sandbox so we can get familiar with it and get documentation to our users