function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
abhinavgupta19abhinavgupta19 

Selling Opportunity Line Item via Public site

Hi,

I am trying to create a product catalog to sell opportunity line items via a salesforce public site. My point of confusion is how should I mark an OpportunityLineItem as sold and adjust the quantity on each purchase. 

Whats the salesforce way to deal with this i.e. How to sell out the opportunity line items and mark the opportunity as closed when done ?

Regards,

Ab

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent

Sites provides only read and create on opportunity object, not update or delete access.

To gain more access you either need to authenticate users as portal users (with the right level of access) or do not use opportunity and use custom objects which sites provides full access 

All Answers

BulentBulent

Sites provides only read and create on opportunity object, not update or delete access.

To gain more access you either need to authenticate users as portal users (with the right level of access) or do not use opportunity and use custom objects which sites provides full access 

This was selected as the best answer
abhinavgupta19abhinavgupta19
thanks bulent, but still i wouldlove to understand how to reflect some online sales data  into salesforce opp line items. you can assume i am selling products online using my own portal but i want to sync this informaation in salesforce. this will be majorlly needed when i want to see the no. of products sold in an opp