function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KiloJKiloJ 

Popup Component on site page not showing

Hi there. I have created a site page that works fine. However I have a javascript popup that

appears after 7 seconds. It pops up but with the message - Authorization required.

I cannot seem to be able to fix this.

my vf page does not have any inputFields, nor does it use a controller of any kind.

It's just raw html/javascript/css.

I have added the page to the site and to the guest profile:

But what I get from my site page when the popup appears is:

Note: I have removed the URL from the screenshot.

Any ideas?
Many thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent

the pop-up code uses a relative url from root "/apex/pagename" and doesn't include the path

you don't need to specify /apex/ but you need the site path. /mydemo/pagename

there are visualforce expressions {!$Page.pagename} or for the path {!$Site.Prefix} you can sue rather than hardcoding the path or the page name.

All Answers

BulentBulent

can you post a snippet from this page? How is it included, what does it do?

You get this error when the page tries to access an information that is not granted or allowed for the site. 

Also you can't call salesforce api from this javacript (like scontrol) because there is no session id for site access and api access from client via site is not allowed. 

KiloJKiloJ

Hi Bulent. Thanks for the reply.

I'm not accessing the SF API at all.

Here's the code (which works perfectly if the VF page is invoked directly inside the org like .../apex/ChatBubble/)

<apex:page title="CMC Agent Help" sidebar="false" showHeader="false"> <style type="text/css"> .msgArea { background-color: #FFF; color:#444444; font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif; font-size:0.7em; font-weight:bold; line-height:1.3em; width: 367px; height: 150px; } .msgInput { color:#444444; font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif; font-size:0.7em; line-height:1.3em; width:367px; height:50px; margin-top:10px; } #agentName { width:367px; border-top: 2px solid #DCECF5; border-bottom: 2px solid #DCECF5; color:#444444; font-family:Arial; font-size:22px; line-height:1.3em; } .postButton { margin-top:10px; } </style> <script> function postMessage() { var currentTime = new Date(); var inputMsgArea = document.getElementById("chatArea"); var msg = document.getElementById("inputMessage"); var messageStr = "\r\n" + currentTime.getHours() + ":" + currentTime.getMinutes() + ":" + currentTime.getSeconds() + " - " + msg.value + "\r\n"; var txtNode = document.createTextNode(messageStr); inputMsgArea.value += messageStr; msg.value = ''; window.setTimeout('showGoodbyeMsg()',4000); } function showGoodbyeMsg() { var currentTime = new Date(); var inputMsgArea = document.getElementById("chatArea"); var goodbyeMsg = "\r\n" + currentTime.getHours() + ":" + currentTime.getMinutes() + ":" + currentTime.getSeconds() + " - No problem. If I can be of assitance, just ask!\r\n"; inputMsgArea.value += goodbyeMsg; } </script> <apex:form > <apex:outputPanel > <apex:image value="{!$Resource.CompanyLogo}" /> <div id="agentName"> <apex:outputLabel value="Agent Name: " for="agentNameField" style="color:#B3B3B3;" /> <apex:outputText value="Joe Bloggs" id="agentNameField" style="color: #6EA3B7" /><br/> </div> <br /> <textarea id="chatArea" readonly="readonly" class="msgArea" /><br /> <textarea id="inputMessage" class="msgInput" /><br /> <button type="button" onclick="postMessage();" class="postButton">Post</button> </apex:outputPanel> <script> window.onload = new function() { showInitMsg(); }; function showInitMsg() { var currentTime = new Date(); var agentWelMsg = currentTime.getHours() + ":" + currentTime.getMinutes() + ":" + currentTime.getSeconds() + " - Hi there. My name is Joe Bloggs. I see that you are interested in signing up to CMC Markets. Can I help you in any way?\r\n"; var inputMsgArea = document.getElementById("chatArea"); inputMsgArea.value = agentWelMsg; } </script> </apex:form> </apex:page>

BulentBulent

you mentioned this is a pop-up page?

how is it called from the site page?

does your site has a path? (like abc.force.com/path/)

KiloJKiloJ

It's called from the main site home page like so:

function showChatPopup() { window.open("/apex/ChatBubble", "Agent Chat", "width=393,height=443,resizable=no"); }

Is this the problem?

Many thanks

BulentBulent
Does your site have a path?
Message Edited by Bulent on 09-04-2009 10:40 AM
KiloJKiloJ

Yes indeed - it's

http://mysite-1236fea2b59.force.com/mydemo

(changed url names - but path is mydemo)

Thanks

BulentBulent

the pop-up code uses a relative url from root "/apex/pagename" and doesn't include the path

you don't need to specify /apex/ but you need the site path. /mydemo/pagename

there are visualforce expressions {!$Page.pagename} or for the path {!$Site.Prefix} you can sue rather than hardcoding the path or the page name.

This was selected as the best answer
KiloJKiloJ

Excellent. I'll give that go. Thank you very much Bulent.

Regards