function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ollie123ollie123 

Remove span tag from Sites component?

I am finding when I use a Sites Component to encapsulate part of a page, it's being wrapped in a span tag. This is creating overlapping tags and leaving me with invalid markup.

How do I turn this span tag off?

prageethprageeth

In a similar case I have used the following dirty code to avoid the afection of span tags.

This showed a warning message when saving the component, but however did the job.

The closing span tag closes the starting automatically generated span tag.

(View the source of HTML output) 

<apex:component>

</span>

//Contents here

<span>

</apex:component> 

SCJSCJ
I'm having the same problem, but even the "dirty" solution won't work for me.  I need my component to render a table row.  There really needs to be a way to create components that are not wrapped.  Second best would be to have a way to specify what kind of tag to use for the wrapper.
ollie123ollie123

I think it's a mistake for Salesforce to think they can abstract above the web and make a "better web" where we use VF objects that output code and program against them - long-time web developers want access to the ability to control the page down to the tiniest detail, because the requirements of browser compatibility, SEO, usability, and standards compliance make this a necessity.