function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sam.arjSam.arj 

How to enable Sites login in Sandbox

Hi

In our company we need to support login and self-registration features on a force.com site that we have developed. 

In production instance when I go to the site  "login Settings" I see the "edit" button where I can enable login functionality however in sandbox this button "Edit" is not available, we prefer to test everything in sandbox before roll it out to production.

How can I try login functionality before deploying it to production?

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent
if your production org has portal but your sandbox doesn't that means you need to recreate a full copy (or refresh) sandbox in order to get portal working for your sandbox. 

All Answers

TzafrirbenTzafrirben

I'm not expert, but from what I've learned, you first need to enable customer portal login: go to setup->customize->customer portal->setting. In this page click the edit button and enable customer portal. After that you will need to edit the customer portal user and enable login.

I agree this is annoynig... 

Sam.arjSam.arj

The problem is that I do not see "Customer Portal" item under "customize" in my sandbox!

May be this sandbox is configuration only or somthing!

BulentBulent
if your production org has portal but your sandbox doesn't that means you need to recreate a full copy (or refresh) sandbox in order to get portal working for your sandbox. 
This was selected as the best answer