function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cool_DevloperCool_Devloper 

Memory/Stortage Limitation per user in a Site

Hello Sites Gurus,

I have a basic query regarding the Storage/Memory limitation that is enforced on a per User basis developing a Site.

Reading the documentation i understand that for an unlimited platform edition, 120MB is the storage limit enforced per user.

Now, if i have a Site which is running on a Guest login and the users can upload attachments using this Site page, then will the size keeps adding up for the Guest user in the org?

In this way, 120MB will be consumed in no time!! is there a way in which i can provide the upload functionality avoiding the memory limit?

Please correct if my understanding is wrong anywhere!

Thanks in advance....

Cool_D

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
David VPDavid VP
Don't know it by heart but go into Setup -> data management -> storage usage and you'll see how many data & file storage you have (total available & already used)

All Answers

David VPDavid VP
The total storage (120MB x nr of licensed CRM or Platform users) is 'shared' and not per user. Sites is free and your anonymous visitors don't give you right to extra storage (which makes sense : you don't know how many Sites visitors you have).

Having said that : attachments don't count against your 'data storage' limit (which is what the 120MB is referring to). Attachments fall into the 'file storage' category. Check in the setup -> data management -> storage usage and you'll see how many data & file storage you have.

Cool_DevloperCool_Devloper

Thanks a lot David for the elaborate response.

That really helps!! Sorry i counted attachments as part of the Data Storage :(

Any idea about what is the File Storage limit for an Unlimited Platform edition? I could not find it the edition comparion sheet or the site!

Thank You!

David VPDavid VP
Don't know it by heart but go into Setup -> data management -> storage usage and you'll see how many data & file storage you have (total available & already used)
This was selected as the best answer