function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Saqib AliSaqib Ali 

Retrieving the permalink to a item in chatter feed using the Chatter APIs

Hello All,

Can anyone please tell how to retrieve (or form) the permalink for an individual item in the chatter feed using the Chatter APIs?

Saqib

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ChrisOctagonChrisOctagon

Hi Saqib,

The Chatter API does not return the permalink for an individual feed item.

If you poke around in Chatter I think you will find a common pattern for the different sorts of feed item urls. I think there are 3 pattersn: feed items on groups, user profiles, and other records. Using this information you should be able to construct the URLs yourself.

I believe that in the Spring 12 release we will also support links of the form salesforce.com/<feed item id> as permalinks as well.

Cheers,

- Chris

All Answers

ChrisOctagonChrisOctagon

Hi Saqib,

The Chatter API does not return the permalink for an individual feed item.

If you poke around in Chatter I think you will find a common pattern for the different sorts of feed item urls. I think there are 3 pattersn: feed items on groups, user profiles, and other records. Using this information you should be able to construct the URLs yourself.

I believe that in the Spring 12 release we will also support links of the form salesforce.com/<feed item id> as permalinks as well.

Cheers,

- Chris

This was selected as the best answer
Saqib AliSaqib Ali

Thanks Chris!!! Just saw that the salesforce.com/{feed item id} links are now working. That addesses my issue :)