function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SaintMichaelSaintMichael 

Inviting external user

If I invite external users, will they be able to see my User Account profiles, or just Chatter profiles?

I want to manage a class via Chatter, but I dont want them to have access to private information,info related to

my regular staff users in the system.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jia HuJia Hu

If you use Chatter External profile for external users, they can't see inner user info. in your SFDC.

They can only see the Chatter Customer Group info. where you let them in.

But be careful,

don't use the invite function in the Chatter Customer Group, but add the user manually in the Manage Users,

and reset the password for each external user.

All Answers

Jia HuJia Hu

If you use Chatter External profile for external users, they can't see inner user info. in your SFDC.

They can only see the Chatter Customer Group info. where you let them in.

But be careful,

don't use the invite function in the Chatter Customer Group, but add the user manually in the Manage Users,

and reset the password for each external user.

This was selected as the best answer
lursemlursem

Hi Jia Hu,

Why would you not use the invite button? If you need to manage all external users via "Manage Users", then you have to be a sys admin.

It seems to me the invite button was created especially for moderators (as they cannot get to the "Manage Users" part in Setup?)

Rgds, Lars

SaintMichaelSaintMichael

Actually, the External users can see my regular salesforce users Chatter profiles, which is what I don't want.

I have not been a able to hide the profiles so far.

SunSkyDeveloperSunSkyDeveloper

I want to confirm if external users can see internal profiles? In my tests ths was not the case. Please let me know if this is possible? We are thinking of a rollout and wanted to highlight the risk.