function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
subaasubaa 

How to access Salesforce from company website, without password?

Hi,

I need to log in to Salesforce through my company intranet application. Especially, the My Chatter page in Salesforce Chatter application should be displayed without asking me the password (ie., username alone should be entered) Once the page launched or session created, if I initiate the same request with my group member name, it should launch his/her 'My Chatter' page. Can anyone suggest me the solution for this requirement.

Regards,

SuBaa

ChrisOctagonChrisOctagon

Hi Subaa,

You could render the employee's news feed in your intranet by making use of the Chatter REST API and generating your own HTML. To handle the authentication, you could try the SAML OAuth Flow described here: http://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/remoteaccess_oauth_web_sso_flow.htm   SAML is a way to do Single Sign-On (SSO).

Cheers,

- Chris

subaasubaa

Thanks, Chris.

In the referenced document, it is mentioned that 'our Org needs to be configured to support SP initiated SAML using My Domain. But it is not there, how to configure the same in our Org. Could you please assist me?

Regards,

SuBaa

ChrisOctagonChrisOctagon

You'll have to talk to technical support about that, I don't know much about how to implement SAML support, sorry.