function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Greg RohmanGreg Rohman 

Data Loader not triggering Feed Update

Hello.

I've enabled Chatter in a sandbox org to do some testing, and am using Data Loader to import data. On a custom object, I've enabled Chatter feed tracking on some fields on that object. On any followed records, changes to any of those fields are showing up properly in my chatter feed. But, when I use data loader to import records into that object, changed fields are not being tracked via chatter.

Is there a setting, either in the org's setup or within Data Loader (command-line), that would enable feed tracking for bulk imports via Data Loader?

Thanks in advance.

-Greg

SFDCStarSFDCStar

May be check settings:

Setup --> My Chatter Settings --> My Feeds --> Automatically follow records that I create (Check box)

Jia HuJia Hu

This is controlled by the 'DisableFeedTrackingHeader' in the SOAP Header,

It can be setup through API call. I didn't know how to enable it in Data loader.

If you still need this feature, you can program with Soap API to import your data.

Doc:
http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_header_disablefeedtracking.htm

Greg RohmanGreg Rohman

Hello, and thank you for the replies.

Unfortunately, we have a number of automated data uploads to our org using Data Loader, and writing an application to set that option via SOAP is beyond my expertise. Are there no other options? Is it possibly a command-line switch or a configuration option in Data Loader?

Thank you.

-Greg