function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
almazanjlalmazanjl 

I can't rerender a chatter component

Hi,

We've tryed the <chatter:feed> component inside a custom apex page and we are having issues with the "rerender" method, the first time that the object is rendered it shows all the feeds but when we try to call to the method <apex:actionFunction> passing the id of the chatterfeed object to the rerender parameter it doesn't retrieve all the feeds from a group.

Here is the code:

Visualforce page:

<apex:page controller="Elogos_ChatterController" sidebar="false" showheader="false">
      <a href="#" onclick="UpdateChatterFeed('xxxx');">Test Chatter Group</a>
      <apex:form >
            <apex:actionFunction name="UpdateChatterFeed" action="{!DoSomething}" rerender="chatterFeed" >
                  <apex:param name="entityId" assignTo="{!EntityId}" value="" />
            </apex:actionFunction>
      </apex:form>
      <chatter:feed id="chatterFeed" feedItemType="TextPost" showPublisher="true" rendered="true" entityId="{!EntityId}"/>
</apex:page>

Controller:

public with sharing class Elogos_ChatterController {

public String EntityId{get;set;}

public Elogos_ChatterController (){
		this.EntityId = 'xxxx'; // Chatter Group Id
	}

public PageReference DoSomething(){
		return (null);	
	}
}

I hope your help.

Regards.

José Luis Almazán.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jie JinJie Jin

Hi José Luis,

This issue will be fixed in the upcoming patch, which will be released to customers by the end of next week. Please post here if you continue to see an issue.

Gracias por su paciencia!

All Answers

ValnavjoValnavjo

Hello José Luis,

Try surrounding the <chatter:feed> component by a <apex:outputPanel> component, something like:

<apex:outputPanel id="chatterFeed" layout="block">
	<chatter:feed feedItemType="TextPost" showPublisher="true" rendered="true" entityId="{!EntityId}"/>
</apex:outputPanel>

Espero haberte ayudado! ;)

Valnavjo

almazanjlalmazanjl

Thanks Josep.

I already tried that option before and the result was even worse. Some feeds are rendered wrong.

Gracias de todas formas! ;-)

José Luis.

Jie JinJie Jin

Hi José Luis,

This issue will be fixed in the upcoming patch, which will be released to customers by the end of next week. Please post here if you continue to see an issue.

Gracias por su paciencia!

This was selected as the best answer
almazanjlalmazanjl

Hi Jie.

Thanks for the information.

I'll be waiting.

Regards.

José Luis Almazán.

almazanjlalmazanjl

Hi Jie.

Thanks, this issue was solved with the Winter '13 Release.

Suresh Babu 2Suresh Babu 2
Kindly let me know, how did you solve the rerender issue in chatter post on visualforce page..
Oleksandr Vlasenko 7Oleksandr Vlasenko 7
Has that issue been solved by someone? I'm still unable to rerender chatter:feed component.