function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ken KoellnerKen Koellner 

Intermittent "Authorization Required" error after update of VF Page for Site.

I have a sites app that has six pages that work in sequence like a wizard using one controller.  It's working pretty well.

Here's something that baffles me though.  I'm testing the side, I change some stuff on the page, and reload the page.  All's fine.  I do that several times.  Every once in a while, I get an error, sometimes on the first page, sometimes on a subsequent page, that says "Authorization Requires".   I wait about give minutes and the page works again.

Is SF maybe somehow caching stuff when the implementation is uploaded and sometimes it gets out-of-date after an update or something like that?

It has me worried as I don't know to get spurious errors now and then once the application is deploy to production.

chriscommunitychriscommunity

If you think it's the cache, set the cache to false in vf page...hopefully that fixes it.

<apex:page cache="false">

RaviJprRaviJpr

IF you made some changes in your page and you just clicked on page it gives the authorization error, you have to refresh page after completing changes in your VF page or you can press ctrl+F5.

Thanks,

Ravi