function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ForceCoderForceCoder 

Sites in Changeset?

According to the metadata API, the Custom Site component is supported.  I see the '.site' XML metadata file in the Force.com IDE for my site and can select it when building a deployment from there; however, when I build a Change Set through the Web UI in my Org there is no Custom Site component (or anything even close to Site aside from Remote Site which is different) choice in the Component picklist.

What gives?  Why would it show up in the Force.com IDE as a component category choice, but not as a Component option in the Change Set Web UI's component picklist?

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ryan-GuestRyan-Guest

I believe that change sets are only a subset of what is available in the full metadata API (Force.com IDE).

All Answers

Ryan-GuestRyan-Guest

I believe that change sets are only a subset of what is available in the full metadata API (Force.com IDE).

This was selected as the best answer
ForceCoderForceCoder

Thanks for the reply.  That is consistent with what I am observing.  I hadn't really thought about it too much, but just figured that the change sets would support the exact same set of components as the IDE.

Looking a little bit further, I found: https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/changesets_about_components.htm which doesn't include the Custom Site metadata component (or the Portal one, for that matter).