function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mxalix258mxalix258 

Integrating Login functionality with Salesforce

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would point me in the right direction for some functionality that I would like to build into our nonprofits website. Currently, we are running employment applications through a FormAssembly form, into Salesforce.

I was wondering if it's possible to create a login system that communicates with Salesforce - but I keep getting hung up on the authenticated user licenses. It makes no sense to have to pay for a license for someone to just create an account, and submit and application. It'd be great to have this login so that we can have one location for them to keep track of past applications, and other information.

Is there a way to create a single point login, that a user could create an account, and submit an employment application that feeds the information into salesforce? I'm assuming this means I'll have to do something OUTSIDE of salesforce for the login, but was just hoping for some tips on how to set that up, and what I'd need for the information to only be visible once the user is logged in.

Thanks.

Ryan-GuestRyan-Guest

If you want to verify the user or have any kind of user context, then you'll need to use authenticated user licenses. It sounds that thats what you need.

On the other hand, if you're fine with anonymous access, where you do something like submit a form and that's it (no coming back to edit the form or viewing past forms). You can do that without authenticated user licenses. 

dbuschhodbuschho

Hello,

We've had some clients have success in the past using the Portal Users license, which I believe Salesforce will heavily discount for non-profits.  They've then used those licenses with our integration with the Salesforce Portal system:

http://www3.formassembly.com/blog/support-documentation/connectors-documentation/salesforce-documentation/advanced-integration/self-service-contact-or-anything-updating-in-salesforce/

I'm not sure it's the best fit for you from what you described in the first post, but it might be worth considering.

Other than that, my understanding is that Salesforce tends to discourage building login / CRM systems on top of Salesforce when it can eat into their licensing / increase the security risk surface for your Salesforce account.

http://success.salesforce.com/questionDetail?qId=a1X30000000Hxn9EAC

Hope you find a solution that fits,

Drew

FormAssembly.com Support