function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EIE50EIE50 

want to hide "post Idea" button in sites

Hi,

We have a ideas customer portal (just used standard functionality and no customizations) in sites, and we just dont want users to see the post idea button on the page. How can i hide that button from users? Any examples are appreciated.

Thanks

BulentBulent
Drill down to your site public access settings and revoke the Create permission from ideas standard object.
EIE50EIE50

Hi,

I did that already. We only have read permission enabled for ideas on our sites.  Any clue?

Thanks 

BulentBulent
of course, sites doesn't give create access on ideas object anyway. I sent a note to Ideas PM, he'll respond.
EIE50EIE50
Thanks, Appreciated.
EIE50EIE50

Hi,

Any luck on getting an answer from idea's PM for hiding "Post Idea" button in sites?

Thanks

nori_ideasnori_ideas

Hi there,

If I recall correctly, you want to still give people CR so they can vote and comment, just prevent them from posting ideas right?

I think the only way to do it is go through the css and make that button invisible.

I would recommend using something like firebug http://getfirebug.com/ in order to identify the actual css element that shows the post button, and then do a 

.cssForThePostButton {

display:none;

}

for whatever the class is for the post button.

nori_ideasnori_ideas

(you would want to include the above code in the header portion of the customer portal)

EIE50EIE50

Thanks

Message Edited by EIE50 on 01-12-2010 01:09 PM