function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
meeeeeeeeeeeeemeeeeeeeeeeeee 

How to make my site searchable from Google/Yahoo search engine?? ??

I have developed a personal website based on the Force Dot com Site technique. Now I want my site to become a searchable entity from a leading search engine like Google/Yahoo. Can you please guide me how to do that?? In my coding section I have used one meta-tag which help me to put a custom Keyword tag in my site. I have used :<meta name="keywords" content="Nilanka|Kundu| Nilanka Kundu|Salesforce|Salesforce Dot Com|SFDC|Salesforce Developer | >And then I’m trying to search my page from Google by using the tag string I’ve used. But it’s not the right trick. Can you please suggest me the right trick for that??     ………………………..Thanks,                                                Nilanka.
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent
you need to set your robots.txt at the site level to allow search engines browse your site. You can read more also at google webmasters website

All Answers

BulentBulent
you need to set your robots.txt at the site level to allow search engines browse your site. You can read more also at google webmasters website
This was selected as the best answer

Hi,

As per your suggetion I have visited the google Webmaster page. I got an Meta tag from them. I placed that in my Sites's home page.

But still its not displaying in site

Could you please help me out.

BulentBulent

you need to provide more information.

your page url, page code. What is not displayed in site? 

My Site url is:  http://its-nil-4u-developer-edition.ap1.force.com/ I followed the following steps to make my site searchable from Google. Step:1>  I have created one google webmaster login and verified my site’s url there via meta-tags.  Step:2> Google provived me a new meta-tag (<meta name="google-site-verification" content="NKZSvEhS6WGS7VfC69sYh39SHeQMa04rUoge0xfSkYk"/> ). I have placed this meta tag in my site’s home page under <head> </head> section. Step:3> Then I hit the button named “verify my site” and Google is saying my site is verified successfully. Step:4> I have also created one more apex-page named nil_page which contains this code :  <apex:page contentType="text/plain">User-agent: * # Applies to all robotsDisallow: # Allow indexing of all</apex:page> and used this page as robot.txt for my site Step:5> From Google search engine I tried to find my page by entering my site’s title in Google. But nothing is changed.  I hope this will help you to understand my problem. Please give your suggestion. Thanks……Nilanka
Message Edited by meeeeeeeeeeeee on 02-18-2010 09:19 PM
BulentBulent

it might take some time for Google to index your site

you have some extra xml tags on your robots.txt

User-agent: * # Applies to all robotsDisallow: # Allow indexing of all<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><CustomSite xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata"><active>true</active><authorizationRequiredPage>Unauthorized</authorizationRequiredPage><bandwidthExceededPage>BandwidthExceeded</bandwidthExceededPage><changePasswordPage>ChangePassword</changePasswordPage><fileNotFoundPage>FileNotFound</fileNotFoundPage><inMaintenancePage>InMaintenance</inMaintenancePage><indexPage>IdeasHome</indexPage><masterLabel>First</masterLabel><portal>Customer Portal</portal><requireInsecurePortalAccess>false</requireInsecurePortalAccess><robotsTxtPage>RobotsTxt</robotsTxtPage><siteAdmin>mylogin@myco.com</siteAdmin><subdomain>mydomain</subdomain></CustomSite>

Message Edited by Bulent on 02-19-2010 09:52 AM

My page is still not searchable from google. Can you please suggest me any idea to do it faster?

Also i had removed extra xml tags from my robot.txt.

But please do give me a solution.

dev401hasdev401has

I also want my site indexed in Google and other search engines.

site: http://nbcuni.force.com/commops

I am using webmaster tools and Google analytics to track it. It has been some time now!

My robots.txt is fine and bots do come and crawl onto my site but still it is not indexed yet!

I want to track it using specific keywords. example : NBC Commercial Guidelines

satish1satish1

My site is unsearchable in Google while i have completed all formalities in this.I have included robots.txt.I have also used all meta tags in this and site is verified by Google but still it is not showing any result while i am searching.

RavisfdcRavisfdc

Hi Satish,

Is it working for you? I also want my site is searchable in Google. please let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,

Ravi

Vivin MathewVivin Mathew
Hi Sathish
Were you able to solve it. Even i too have the same requirement now and can you please share what are the steps that you did to accomplish this?

Vivin