function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mits430xmits430x 

Enabled Apex Classes didn't work.

I have a little wonder about the Apex security settings on Force.com Sites.

I had created VF page and it's controller, and I've published the page with "Sites Visualforce Pages".
I didn't set "Enabled Apex Classes" settings on Force.com Sites guest profile.
Then, I've checked out Sites URL, the published page was displayed successfully.
Therefore, I think there is no involvement between "Enabled Apex Classes" and Apex security restriction.

What happens if I set "Enabled Apex Classes" settings on Force.com Sites guest profile?
Could anyone explain to me?

(Sorry to trouble you, but if you couldn't understand what I said, please ask to me.)

Regards.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent
what I wanted to say with generic term is that the classes that are not the controller classes for your public pages. these classes can be called from these controllers and could be handling generic actions (like a tool kit class).

All Answers

BulentBulent

you don't have to enable classes that are the controllers for your public pages, access granted automatically.

However, if you have  generic classes  that you use in your controllers then you will need to grant access to these classes via the site public access settings

mits430xmits430x
Hi, Bulent.

Thanks for reply.

I understand that I don't have to enable classes, but what classes for instance are indicated with "generic" you mentioned?
I couldn't reproduce any problem when I tried to confirm what happen.
BulentBulent
what I wanted to say with generic term is that the classes that are not the controller classes for your public pages. these classes can be called from these controllers and could be handling generic actions (like a tool kit class).
This was selected as the best answer
mits430xmits430x
Thank you, Bulent!