function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AtharAthar 

How to put all pages of a site under single authentication???

my force.com website consists of one home page and several sister pages which are linked with home page via html links. i have placed hello{!$User.FirstName} to check whether the authentication process is going ok or no. Now when i am logging in from ....domainname/sitelogin page the control is authenticating me and diverting me to the home page and the home page is showing the proper "Hello-Userfirst name". So far every thing is fine. But after that when ever i am tring to access my link pages the authentication info is getting lost and the pages are showing default guest user profile as loggedin user. Even if i come back to home page again the "Hello-Userfirstname" is showing the guest profile . not the profile i used for logging in. Please Help.

I want to place home page and all sister pages under single authentication. So that after logging in the authentication info carries to the subsequent pages. also kindly guide how could i manually terminate the authentication(how to logoff) session.

thanx

BulentBulent
This article explains the sites-portals integration, and the sample site template (header component) has the code for the conditional login/logout link
Divya GoelDivya Goel

I read the full article but I was not able to figure out how to logout a already logged in user and how the links will dynamically change. i.e if the user is logged in then show logged out link otherwise show logged in Link.

Please help me more.

Thanks,

BulentBulent

here is the sample code provided as SiteHeader  visualforce component

<apex:component id="headerComponent">

<apex:panelGrid cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="98%" border="0" columns="2" style="text-align: left;" id="theHeader">

<apex:image url="{!$Site.Prefix}/img/sites/force_logo.gif" style="align: left;" alt="Salesforce" width="233" height="55" title="Salesforce"/>

<apex:panelGrid cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" border="0" columns="1" style="text-align: right;" id="Links">

<apex:panelGroup rendered="{!AND(ISPICKVAL($User.UserType,'Guest'), $Site.LoginEnabled)}">

<apex:outputLink value="/site/SiteLogin.apexp">{!$Label.site.login_button}</apex:outputLink>

<apex:outputText value=" | "/>

<apex:outputLink value="/site/ForgotPassword.apexp">{!$Label.site.forgot_your_password_q}</apex:outputLink>

<apex:outputText value=" | " rendered="{!$Site.RegistrationEnabled}"/>

<apex:outputLink value="/site/SiteRegister.apexp" rendered="{!$Site.RegistrationEnabled}">{!$Label.site.new_user_q}</apex:outputLink>

</apex:panelGroup>

<apex:outputLink value="{!$Site.Prefix}/secur/logout.jsp" rendered="{!NOT(ISPICKVAL($User.UserType,'Guest'))}">{!$Label.site.logout}</apex:outputLink>

</apex:panelGrid>

</apex:panelGrid></apex:component>

and for the other other links don't use the fully qualified urls especially with na1.salesforce.com kind of ones, use relative urls  URLFOR and let the system generate the urls for you. 

Message Edited by Bulent on 04-01-2010 03:27 PM