function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rohit.mehtarohit.mehta 

Not able to login as Authenticated Web Site User

Hello,

1. I created a Customer Portal, enabled login/self registration. Set the Default New User License to "Platform Portal" and the Default New User Profile to "Authenticated Website".

2. Created a Site and enabled login with the Customer Portal.

3. I am able to register a new user through the SiteRegister VF page but am not able to login. I have tried resetting password/ creating new users but cannot login. I get the following error -

"Your login attempt has failed. Make sure the username and password are correct".

I checked the user created from self registration and it all looks fine.

4. I then tried to login into the Customer Portal by using the login url of the Customer Portal. I get the following error - 

"The maximum number of logins has been exceeded. Please contact your administrator for more information."

I tried to reset the password and try again but the same issue.

5. The only place I can login in from is the Contact record - "Login As Portal User"

Can someone help me with why I am not able to login from Sites.

Thanks

Ro

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
InspiredInspired

See this thread. http://community.salesforce.com/t5/Force-com-Sites/Maximum-Logins-Exceeded/m-p/172012

Looks like you will need to create a new DE account.

All Answers

InspiredInspired

I am having the same problem. The licenses for Authenticated Website and High Volume Customer Portal in DE must be set to logins per month vs named user.  Logins per month must be set to 0.  The Restricted Logins, Current Month settting under Company Information may control this. Working on how to get this bumped up or changed to named user.

InspiredInspired

See this thread. http://community.salesforce.com/t5/Force-com-Sites/Maximum-Logins-Exceeded/m-p/172012

Looks like you will need to create a new DE account.

This was selected as the best answer
rohit.mehtarohit.mehta

Thanks.