function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MrTikMrTik 

Site not rendering

Hi, All,

I have developed a site and defined the Default Web Address and Secure Web Address along with Custom Web Address. When I access the pages with https://c.cs1.visual.force.com/apex/<Page_Name> URL the page gets displayed, however when I click on Default or Secure Web Address only first page gets displayed. When I click on the subsequent pages, I get the following error message.

http://pb.config.cs1.force.com/devnet/ is under construction

Stay tuned. Please email us if you need to get in touch.

And when I use Custom Web Address, I am asked to login to Salesforce and after login it takes me to a different part of Salesforce application.

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance.

BulentBulent

Did you populate your site's custom web address field with your custom domain name (that you created a cname to point to your force.com domain name)?

Also did you enable all the visualforce pages that needs to be public for your site?

take a look at this article for the steps.

MrTikMrTik

Thanks for your reply Bulent,

I have populated the  site's custom web address with the custom domain name that I created using CName with  the hosting company.

I have enabled all the visualforce pages which are intended/developed for the public website. Apart from this are there any settings / changes I need to make in order to make the web site working with default and custom web addresses?

Thanks.

RyanGuestRyanGuest

Check the public access settings (profile) for the site and make sure you have CRUD and FLS (field level security) set correctly. 

MrTikMrTik

As far as I understand I do not see any of the pages having any CRUD or FLS to be configured. For the site is there anything specific about profile I need to configure?

Here is what I have in profile detail section:

NameDeveloper Network Profile
User LicenseGuest User LicenseCustom ProfileChecked

MrTikMrTik

Hi, Bulent,

To answer your question about CName mapping. I have pasted the configuration from our hosting company.

Host Aliases (CNAME Records)

Alias a domain name for another domain.

AliasTTLRefers to Host Name

www.pacbiosci.com

pb.config.cs1.force.com.

I believe this should be correct setting to access the site using provided alias?

Please let me know.

BulentBulent

custom domain name feature is only supported on production orgs. You can't use it for sandbox orgs.

MrTikMrTik

Okay so I will not use the custom web address on the sandbox. However when I use default web address and try to access the New User link I fill in the information and on submit I get the following email sent to me.

Force.com Sandbox

The default new user profile is not assigned to the portal. Registration from Developer_Network is not able to create portal users.

This is what I have on my sandbox environment.

Self-Registration Enabled
New User Form URL    
Registration Error Template    Customer Portal:  Customer Portal User Self-Registration Error (SAMPLE)
Default New User License    Customer Portal Manager Standard
Default New User Role        User
Default New User Profile    Custom: Customer Portal Manager

Unlike the documentation I do not see Customer Portal User Standard in my sandbox environment that is why I am using Customer Portal Manager Standard.

Let me know if this is not correct.