function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MrTikMrTik 

How to Export a site from Sandbox to production?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any article that I can refer for planning the migration of site from Sandbox environment to Production environment.

Thanks.

imuino2imuino2

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Deploy_Force.com_Applications_Faster Check this doc and see if it helps

You shouldn't have any problem to deploy a site than with any other component with the Eclipse IDE.

If you cant, just create it on your production org as you did in sandbox, and then set the objects, classes, and pages security levels as it are on sandbox.

If any other question comes up just reply.

Ignacio.

MrTikMrTik

My site is not using any custom apex classes developed using Eclipse. I am creating simple HTML based site. Given this, would I have to recreate the structure in my production environment, or is there any export / import feature within Salesforce available?

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

You could migrate anything from sandbox to production using eclipse IDE. Even you could do all your settings on the prod manually  and have the option to copy paste your html from sandbox to production which is a bit time consuming. I would recommend eclipse IDE as things could be migrated in a flash especially when ther's no Apex Classes involved.

Thanks.

MrTikMrTik

I have successfully migrated from Sandbox to Production. Or atleast that is what Eclipse IDE said. Now when I go to the site in production server, I get the message requesting to login to the site. Are there any steps that I should be aware of after migration and before the site actually starts functioning?

Regards.

imuino2imuino2

Did you check your site settings on production org?

Just log in on Production and go to Setup -> Develop -> Sites and choose yours, check that is active and all other settings are as in sandbox.

Ignacio.