function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MaddyConnectMaddyConnect 

Chatter custom component

Hi,

We have chatter feed tracking in place in object 'Case' for 7-fields. There is a group of users who do not want feed tracking appear in chatter feed for SPECIFIC FIELD in case chatter feed section at top of the page. e.g. Out of 7-fields, they want chatter feed for 6 fields in Case record page. If I disable field in feed tracking in setup, it will stop feed to whole organization. How can I achieve the this using visualforce?

Thanks,
Mahadev
alouie_sfdcalouie_sfdc

You can associate a custom profile to the users and restrict the visibility of the field using field-level security (https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/admin_fls.htm). However, in addition to preventing the users from seeing the tracked changes for the specific field, they also wouldn't be able to see the field on the Case record page or anywhere else.

MaddyConnectMaddyConnect

Hi alouie_sfdc

In this case user want access to field via page layout but do not want related feed to appear in chatter feed caused by chatter feed tracking on case obejct.

Thanks,

Maddy

alouie_sfdcalouie_sfdc
Sorry, I don't think it's possible to enable feed tracking on a field for some users but not others.
MaddyConnectMaddyConnect

Hi alouie_sfdc,

Do you have any other viable alternates of visualforce or trigger instead of configuration changes to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Maddy

alouie_sfdcalouie_sfdc
Hi Maddy, sorry, I can't think of any way aside from configuring the field-level security.
MaddyConnectMaddyConnect

Thank you for your quick reply. I am trying to think of developing custom component to replace standard chatter feed at top of the page.