function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mamta1mamta1 

Unable to assign custom object permissions to Customer Portal users profile

I have enabled customer portal for my development org. I cloned Authenticated Website User and High Volume Customer Portal user profiles. When I try to add read/create permissions for my custom objects to the new profiles, I do not see the section on the profile edit page at all? How do I grant custom object read/create access to customer portal users?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent

first you need to enabled your custom objects for portals. Drill down to your object definition page and towards the bottom of the page you will see a check box.

All Answers

RyanGuestRyanGuest

Try cloning the standard customer portal profile.

mamta1mamta1

For some reason, I do not see a profile named Customer Portal user. All I see is Customer Portal Manager and High Volume Customer Portal. I tried cloning both of them, and do not see the Custom Object section at all in the cloned profiles.

BulentBulent

first you need to enabled your custom objects for portals. Drill down to your object definition page and towards the bottom of the page you will see a check box.

This was selected as the best answer
mamta1mamta1

Thank you Bulent! That worked. Now I am able to set custom object permissions on cutomer portal cloned profiles.