function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BCPEBCPE 

CMSForce linking problem

Hello,

I've developed my first Site using CMSForce specifically to post a web form.

It's a simple site with 3 pages that link like this:

Welcome page - hypertext links to >

Survey page - web form Submit button configured to land on >

Landing page - hypertext link back to Home.

Simple stuff.  BUT... I'm having a problem where the link on the Home page only reloads the current page.

I rotated through making each of the three pages the home page -- and this problem repeated with each one I set as home.  This occurs in both preview mode and in public site.

The address of the loading pages looks correct for a split second before it reverts to re-loading current page.

Anyone have any thoughts???

Thanks in advance!

Brian

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BCPEBCPE
This has been resolved thanks to poring over other posts. But should you find yourself with linking problems, my troubles were resolved by using the full URL and record ref IE: http://yourdomain.force.com/yoursite/page?pageid=a0A30000005BZPxABC

All Answers

BCPEBCPE
This has been resolved thanks to poring over other posts. But should you find yourself with linking problems, my troubles were resolved by using the full URL and record ref IE: http://yourdomain.force.com/yoursite/page?pageid=a0A30000005BZPxABC
This was selected as the best answer
David VPDavid VP

Correct :-)

I hope CMSForce is working well for you.

David

BCPEBCPE

Hey David,

It may have been one of your post rsponses that helped me!  CMSForce has been an iteresting learning curve -- could use about 10 more pages in user guide :)

The two areas I'd love to have better control over are:

1) On a web formrecord  the Clone button doesn't clone -- instead it saves over source form.

2)  Having more control over the display traits of a web form.  Perhaps I should add a contentblock called "form" and dictate the style with a div & style span?

I'm pretty new to Salesforce and have no html experience, which makes me wonder if the above items aren't simple fixes that I'm just not aware of...

IF you have any input, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks,

Brian