function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sapn ThakurSapn Thakur 

Email alert go to the case approver if the case is pending for a certain amount of time

I need to have an alert go to the case approver if the case is pending for a certain amount of time. Is this possible? or is it possible for the original email that gets sent to the approver to be resent to them if they haven't approved in a certain amount of time?

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

You can create a workflow rule to achieve this.

Sapn ThakurSapn Thakur

Thanks Pradeep, but the workflow rule will fire only when any case will update or create, I need to check case status on daily basis and if its pending then send mail to approver. Is there any other way to do this?

Create a work flow rule with Time-Dependent Workflow Actions. Set the evaluation criteria to when a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the entry criteria.

For an example :

Object

Case

Description

Ensure that open cases are tracked in a timely manner by notifying the manager if a case is not closed in two days.

Evaluation Criteria

When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria.

Rule Criteria (Filter)

Run this rule if the following criteria are met:

Case: Closed equals False

Immediate Actions

None.

Time-Dependent Actions

2 Days After Case: Last Modified Date

Email Alert: Notify the manager role that there are open cases that are older than two days.

In case if you don't want workflow rules, create a case esclation rule, which will serve the purpose.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

Sapn ThakurSapn Thakur

I have created workflow rule with Time-Dependent Workflow Actions but it's not working as required, I also created case escalation rule but using this we can not send mail , I need to send email to the case approver.