function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sundar84sundar84 

remove standard button from custom object list view page

Hi Friends

I have using 4 custom objects such as contact , lead, Listing, closing . I have been removed  the new button on those custom object search layout page(Buttons displayed) . but these objects list view page has displayed new standard button. How to remove the standard new button from the custom objects list view page.?please post ur suggestion

Thanks

Sundar

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
finalistfinalist

Go into the custom object's definition and scroll down to the Search layouts section, and look at the <SObject> List View for your custom object.  The 4th column from the left ('Buttons Displayed') shows you which buttons are currently displayed when you are on the list view.

Clicking Edit next to the List View will bring you to the selection screen where you can add/remove the Standard Buttons as well as any custom buttons that you may have created.

I hope this helps you out!

All Answers

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Go to the page layout on which you want to hide new button. Scroll down to the related list, click on related list properties, a new window will open. In the bottom of the window you will see a Button section with a + sign on it. Expand this section, you will find a checkbox as shown below. Uncheck it and the new standard button will be removed from the related list.

Standard Buttons:

Select standard buttons to display on the related list.

New

New

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

sundar84sundar84

Hi pradeep

Your suggestion is correct for remove the new button from the custom object related list . I am asking how to remove the standard new button from the custom object list view page.(when i Click the lead page tab the standard new button displayed in the page top).. thanks for ur suggestion

Thanks

Sundar

kvinkvin

Hey Sundar.. This is exactly what I'm scratching my head for... Can you share your solution here

sundar84sundar84

Hi kvin

Remove the  standard button from the page layout for the related object. and remove the standard button from the search layout of the object.. Try it

Thanks

sundar

finalistfinalist

Go into the custom object's definition and scroll down to the Search layouts section, and look at the <SObject> List View for your custom object.  The 4th column from the left ('Buttons Displayed') shows you which buttons are currently displayed when you are on the list view.

Clicking Edit next to the List View will bring you to the selection screen where you can add/remove the Standard Buttons as well as any custom buttons that you may have created.

I hope this helps you out!

This was selected as the best answer
kvinkvin

Actually I'm looking to remove the new button for the object rather than the child related list. i.e., for opportunities I'm looking to remove the new button from  the standard opportunities tab. Any thoughts

Force101Force101

I can remove the button from everywhere EXCEPT the "Recent OBJ_Name" List.  Any help?

Is there a way to point a TAB to a new destination like a view rather than showing view selection and Recent Records?

Charlie Chaplin 2017Charlie Chaplin 2017
Did you ever got your answer. I am in same situation. a custom object When a user click on tab it opens the custom object list view with NEw button on it. I want to remove it. 
Jesus Castro felixJesus Castro felix
Any asnwer about this? I have the same problem
DoondiDoondi
New button is related to permission that we give to that particular profile.
if your profile is read and write then you cannot remove that button, 
Gina PedroniGina Pedroni
If anyone is still having this issue and if I understand the question correctly, you can remove the standard New button from an objects tab by clicking into the Object detail page, going down to the Search Layouts for Salesforce Classic, Editing the Listview layout and unchecking the New [New] option.
User-added image
MrbabaMrbaba
Hi Everyone, if you are looking for the right answer, please check the post from Gina Pedroni (Sept 27,2021). Thanks Gina, this is helpful, just solved this question.