function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SC1252SC1252 

Deployment Using Change Sets - Custom fields are hidden in the target org

Hi All,

For the first time using the change sets to deploy from sandbox to production org.Im deploying custom fields,objects and tabs.Though im the platform administrator in both sandbox & prod,after deployment all fields\tabs are hidden in the prod org.I had to manually grant access to each of the field.

Please let me know if there is any additional configuration required before creating the change sets.

Thanks

SC

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Sandeep001Sandeep001

Spring '10 introduces enhanced security for custom object permissions. In Enterprise, Unlimited, and Developer Editions,
when you create a custom object, the “Read,” “Create,” “Edit,” “Delete,” “View All,” and “Modify All” permissions for that
object are disabled for any profiles in which “View All Data” or “Modify All Data” is disabled. This ensures that all users don't
immediately get full access to custom objects.

This is introduced in Spring 10. Please have a look at Spring 10 release notes - 'Enhanced Security for Custom Object Permissions'.

All Answers

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

We need to check the field visibility after we move new custom objects from sandbox to the production org. The better way  is to go in for Setup | Security Controls | Field Accessibility | View by fields.  This will make your work easier.

Sandeep001Sandeep001

Spring '10 introduces enhanced security for custom object permissions. In Enterprise, Unlimited, and Developer Editions,
when you create a custom object, the “Read,” “Create,” “Edit,” “Delete,” “View All,” and “Modify All” permissions for that
object are disabled for any profiles in which “View All Data” or “Modify All Data” is disabled. This ensures that all users don't
immediately get full access to custom objects.

This is introduced in Spring 10. Please have a look at Spring 10 release notes - 'Enhanced Security for Custom Object Permissions'.

This was selected as the best answer
DDSDDS

Wasn't this controlled by whether an object was deployed or not? For me this is just another unnecessary complication. I have 600+ fields linked to multiple objects that are now hidden in production because of this....

This is also affecting profiles with Modify All permissions. Not even the system adminitrator can see the fields on the page layouts. when i go to field level security setting, all the fields are marked as hidden, for all profiles.

jscottgrantjscottgrant

The same thing just happened to me.  Did you find a work around?  It is insane to do this many clicks through hundreds of fields.

MalarowskiMalarowski

Although this is a really old thread, I could not find any others. I have the exact same issue now in Summer '12. What causes this, and how can I prevent this from happening? This is extremely painful. 

Dplaskon SMAXDplaskon SMAX

I have encountered the same issue after deploying custom objects between two sandboxes.  It appear from the previous commenter that the issue as recurred after Summer 12?  

Note that my sys admin profile has View All and Modify All for the applicable objects, but I'm now forced to go through multiple fields to enable visibility. Time-consuming and impedes my productivity.  I did deploy with the related profiles

RobertPeckRobertPeck

...and another one walked right into this trap.

Is there anything one could do in the SB before sending the change set to avoid this extra work?

Nitin PalmureNitin Palmure
And one more.. quite frustrating to have so many fields to be edited.... anyone found any solution ?