function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kkhuranakkhurana 

How to edit salesforce object entries from Siteforce.com?

Hello,

I am able to insert new entries to a salesforce object from SiteForce.com interface by using "Forms" element.

But, I am not able to find out a way to edit an existing entry in salesforce.com object from SiteForce.com interface.

For Example: Assume there is a "Description Field" on a salesforce.com object entry. Can I update the text in the "Description Field" from SiteForce.com interface?

TIA.

-Ketan

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AddisonAddison

Hi Ketan,

To edit a record that was inserted, you need to go into the salesforce app itself to edit the record, much like for an Account object or Case object.

Addison

All Answers

AddisonAddison

Hi Ketan,

To edit a record that was inserted, you need to go into the salesforce app itself to edit the record, much like for an Account object or Case object.

Addison

This was selected as the best answer
kkhuranakkhurana

Hi Addison,

Thank you for your reply. I also thought that salesforce.com is the only way to update the record. Just wanted to make sure that it's not possible to edit a salesforce.com record from siteforce.com interface.

Ketan

Nimesh SharmaNimesh Sharma

Hey can you please help me with how to perform a save action to salesforce object from Siteforce as in your example. I have an form and sumbit button,, but unable to perform any action on the same

Any help will be highly appreciated, Do mail on sharma.nim@gmail.com 

thanks

AddisonAddison

Hi NimsiNow,

You can refer to this help documentation to guide you through creating a form for submitting data to your Salesforce object:

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=siteforce_data_form.htm

Addison

SayasoniSayasoni

Hi Addison,

I am trying to achieve the same thing.I have followed the link but i can't seem to get where exactly 'Drag a Form from the Page Elements pane onto the page.' is found.As per the instructions,i am supposed to enable Site.com Publisher User field on the user detail page so as to add a form to a page. On my User detailed page i can't seem to find any Site.com Publisher User field so as to enable it.

I am on enterprise edition.Am i missing something?

AddisonAddison

Hi Sayasoni,

If you're able to edit and create pages in Site.com, then you probably are already a Publisher User.  But you can go into your User Detail page and check by going to:  Setup -> My Personal Information -> Personal Information.

Here's a screenshot of what it should look like (the circled part):

Then, in your Site.com studio, open up the page, and on the left hand side panel, there should be a Form element to drag (circled):

Hope that helps.

Addison

SayasoniSayasoni

Thanks Addison, I don't have that on my user detail page.I raised a case with salesforce.Not sure whats wrong i appear to missing quite a number of menus on my salesforce account and am on Enterprise Edition.I not only miss that for site.com, i also don't have the menu to enable Customer portal.Honestly this is frustrating & time wasting,considering i hv to wait 48 hrs(2 days) for my case to be handled.