function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chipatoothchipatooth 

Where is the passcode length and timeout set by administrators

Hey everyone

I keep seeing documentation that the 10 minute default passcode timeout can be changed by the administrator but I can't find any documentation as to where, how and at what scope this can be changed.

Does anyone know how to do this or can point me to some documentation or tutorial as to how this is done?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
akhilesh_sfdcakhilesh_sfdc
This setting is actually under the Setup > Administrator Setup > Manage Apps. This is where you will find the Connected App that's created in this org or installed as part of any managed package installation. You can click on your Connected App here and modify it to set any IP restrictions or passcode settings.

All Answers

bhariharanbhariharan

The passcode length and timeout can be set under Create -> Apps -> Click on the connected app you want to configure -> Edit, in Setup for your org.

chipatoothchipatooth

So I get all the way down to finding the connected app and clicking edit. I see Basic Information, OAuth Settings,, SAML Service Provider Settings, Mobile Integration and Supported App Types but nothing about setting timeouts for my org.

Is this a permissions issue or am I looking in the wrong place?

akhilesh_sfdcakhilesh_sfdc
This setting is actually under the Setup > Administrator Setup > Manage Apps. This is where you will find the Connected App that's created in this org or installed as part of any managed package installation. You can click on your Connected App here and modify it to set any IP restrictions or passcode settings.
This was selected as the best answer
chipatoothchipatooth
Thanks akhilesh_sfdc, found it.