function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PoopermanPooperman 

Publisher Action Not Displaying on Mobile

I created a Global Action that creates a record for a custom object. It shows up on my mobile correctly. It shows up correctly in chatter on SFDC. The custom objects in question both have Read and Create permissions for the users this issue is affecting. These users can use the chatter action on SFDC but it does NOT show up on the mobile app (latest version = 4.02). It only shows up for System Admins. If there is a specific setting preventing thi from whoing up, please let me know!

jbovetjbovet

Thanks for your question. In theory the action should show up but many parameters come into play that might affect that. What type are you users (eg Chatter Free)? Does this issue also shows up for actions involving regular objects? Do you have by any chance a sandbox org that we could use to investigate the case?

Thanks!

Rahul_sgRahul_sg

I'm having the same issue.
In my case even the system admin is not able to see the publisher action on his/her ipad/iphone.
These users are able to access the publisher actions on SFDC in browser.
Is there any setting we need to change?
Also, this is not happening for all the publisher actions, They are able to see few publisher actions but not all.
e.g. create Task action is available on mobile devices but create Event is not. both publisher actions are object create actions.

jbovetjbovet

Currently the mobile app can only display "Create" quick action (that is, no VisualForce based quick action for now) except the Event quick action which is the only one that we currently blacklist.

Rahul_sgRahul_sg
that will not help... any plans to allow VF based action in the mobile app?
PaoloPaolo

VF action support is in the short term roadmap for Chatter Mobile

stay tuned! :)

Rahul_sgRahul_sg

Thanks Paolo :)... will it be available as a part of next sfdc release?

Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal

If I understand this correctly, this is the "Smart Mobile Actions" that will be introduced in Winter 14.

Refer the 'Mobile Smart Actions Now Available' Chapater in the WInter 14 release notes

Hope this helps.