function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JWikkJWikk 

Mobile SDK API Guide?

There are lots sample code and getting started, but no documentation (that I could find) about the methods available in the SDK itself. We happen to be building an android hybrid app, but where is the API guide for the mobile SDK for hybrid use?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bhariharanbhariharan

Yes, we currently don't have a Javascript API doc set. We will consider adding Javascript doc in a future release. #safeharbor

All Answers

bhariharanbhariharan

If you're looking for a guide to get your started and complete SDK feature set, please take a look at the dev guide here - Dev Guide.

If you're looking for documentation of our public methods, our Javadoc is available here - Javadoc.

JWikkJWikk

Sorry. That's the problem. The Dev Guide (first link) provides only full API documentation for iOS or Android native calls. The second link is for Android native. We are writing javascript against the Shared SDK, but there is no API documentation for hybrid developers.

Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal

The Wiki has several hybrid tutorials which should help you get started. Here's one that I had written. Exploring the sample Hybrid apps provided in the SDK is another good starting point - https://github.com/forcedotcom/SalesforceMobileSDK-Android/tree/master/hybrid/SampleApps

If you have any specific questions, please post here and I'm sure you'll find the help you are looking for.

JWikkJWikk
So I do take it that there is no reference guide of all the javascript functions that are available in the sdk. To find out, we need to look through the javascript code to get a sense of all the calls that could be made. Luckily the code is quite well inline documented.
bhariharanbhariharan

Yes, we currently don't have a Javascript API doc set. We will consider adding Javascript doc in a future release. #safeharbor

This was selected as the best answer