function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RajaramRajaram 

Cloud Flow Designer Update..

Folks,

All orgs which have Visual Workflow already will be upgraded to enable the new Cloud Flow Designer later today (Thursday, Oct 20).

Please stay tuned for more updates and thank you for your patience.

For those who missed the webinar on Monday or wish to view it again, it is now available for you to listen at your own leisure. You can get to it here: live: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Webinar:_VisualWorkflow_Webinar

Cheers,
Raja 

asegalasegal

Hi Rajaram, 

I have watched the webinar of Visual Workflow and I have understood that the style of the flow is not possible to change so only is possible to change is the style of VF page where the flow is embedded. Will be possible to change the visual apparence of the flow in future releases?

Thanks.

RajaramRajaram

Yes.. any custom styling (CSS etc) is done via VF. Can you let me know what are your requirements and use case? Would love to know and potentially add it to our backlog

RajaramRajaram

All orgs which already have Visual Workflow enabled across all instances of Salesforce with the exception of CS13 should now have the Cloud Flow Designer enabled. 

The ETA for CS13 would be the end of Friday (Oct 22nd)

asegalasegal

Hi Rajaram,

In our case we are developing a ticketing application hosted in a site.  The workflow have three parts, the first evaluate if the user is registered or non registered, in the second part the confirmation of the ticket selection and  the third part the payment of this ticket. Is necessary for us a Rich Internet Aplication that flow designer can't give us. Is possible another solution that cover our needs? 

Thanks.

RajaramRajaram

I feel you can accomplish this using Visual Workflow. Check out the webinar video where you can see how you can query salesforce data and show them as choices to the user and build out a flow.

ignacio_ignacio_

Dear Rajaram,

I hope this finds you well.

We're currently developing a Force.com app that aims to give some (not all) users the ability to create and edit some (not all) flows. In order to close security loopholes and improve the user experience, I would love the features outlined below.

I would be extremely grateful if you could tell me whether these features already exist (maybe my developers didn't know about them), whether they are on the roadmap or whether you would be interested in putting them on the roadmap.

Thanks so much! Best regards,

Ignacio

----------------------------

Priority 1:

Feature #1: Customize the target page that the "Close" button in the Flow Designer redirects the user to.

The issue here is that if users click on close, they are redirected to the flow's standard Force.com object page with the sidebar and the header fully visible. If they then navigate to the flow overview, they can delete and modify any flows that exist on the platform - and they can see all the other things that go on in the background, like apex classes etc. Since this is a huge security loophole for us, we would be incredibly grateful if that redirect could be customized so we can point it to say, a custom VisualForce page. I would hope this only requires little development effort on your end but would make a huge difference for us. Thanks so much!!!

Priority 2:

Feature #2: Disable/customize the "Save As" button. This, again, will give more control over what flows the user can create.

Feature #3: Customize the types of standard and custom objects that the user can create/update/delete/look up values for. Again, it's the control and security argument.

Feature #4: Customize the set of (sub)flows that the user can integrate into her own flow. Again, it's the control and security argument.

Priority 3:

Feature #5: Be able to change the header of the Flow Designer, i.e. replace the salesforce logo with a custom logo, custom text, remove the standard dropdown in the top right corner (including the logout option) etc.

Priority 4:

Feature #6: Be able to run the flow designer in an iframe of a VisualForce page.