function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shawshankshawshank 

Delete a Record with Cloud Flow Designer

I'm in the process of building a product configurator with the Cloud Flow Designer on the Quote object.  I have added custom fields to the quote object and these fields are used to generate Quote Line Items.  As the Quote can be edited, over time, when the flow is initiated, I want the flow to evaluate the Quote Line Item entries and determine if the entries are valid for the quote fields....or if the entries need to be replaced with new values based on the values in the custom fields on the quote.

I can identify the specific Quote Lines and determine whether or not the Pricebook Entries match; however, the Pricebook Entry Ids are not accessible with the Record Update element on the Quote Line Items.  The programmatic lock-down on these fields frustrating.  So, I cannot simply update the old line items with the new pricebook entry ids, and prices.  Unless I'm missing something here, it looks like the update element is not an option. 

Another option is to delete the existing entries and replace them with new values; however, I cannot determine how to delete a record within a flow.  I have the record Id, and simply want to delete the record.  Maybe I'm missing something simple.  I'm not a skilled Apex programmer, so I'd prefer not to call a trigger.  Any help is appreciated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RajaramRajaram

Delete records is not yet in the Beta Cloud Designer, but will be in the GA version of the cloud designer, scheduled to be in Spring '12 (Safe Harbor)