function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hemmhemm 

Flow on Sites (getting an Authorization error)

I need to confirm I can put a Flow on a Salesforce site before I proceed to use this tool. I have created an extremely simple flow that does nothing more than show some screens. Welcome --> Hello --> Finish.  I am on Spring 12 already.

I added the flow to a Page using <flow:interview name="My_Flow"/>.

I put that page on my Site. 

When I go to the page on Sites, I get an Authorization error.

Is there anything else I need to do to make this work? One thing I have noticed is that user records have a check box for "Flow User". I went to the user record for the guest license of the site, but I don't see that checkbox to check. 

I have read the help and understand the steps to enable it on a Site, but can't make it actually work.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RojodeBearRojodeBear

I found the following in the Spring '12 Release Notes:

* Administrators can create flows within 24 hours after the Spring ’12 release; however it may take until February 20th before
users are able to run the newly-created flows.

All Answers

cmoylecmoyle

I have implemented a solution for a client using Flow on a visualforce page in force.com sites successfully. You are most likely getting an authentication error because there is a dependency that the public profile doesn't have access to. I would suggest making sure that the visualforce page is accessible to sites users as well as looking at any custom objects/apex classes that your flow or visualforce page uses and making sure the public profile can access them. Either way, I can verify that flow is available to anonymous sites pages. Good Luck!

RojodeBearRojodeBear

hemm, I am having the same issue, also on Spring 12.

This works fine in DE but not in production Spring 12. I can give Users access to the Flow directly, or on the VF page, but Guests get the authorisation error. If I remove the Flow from the VF page, it is fine. 

Like hemm, I have nothing in my Flow that should restrict it from running.

RojodeBearRojodeBear

* Administrators can create flows within 24 hours after the Spring ’12 release; however it may take until February 20th before

This was selected as the best answer
hemmhemm

rossmjames wrote:

Good find!  I'll wait until Feb 21 then and check it out.

hemmhemm

Flow on Sites is working now.