function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
altaiojokaltaiojok 

Using Workbench 22.0.0 to Discover the Streaming API

The new Workbench 22.0.0 fully supports the Streaming API and is a great way to explore the new API. With this new utility, in one easy-to-use interface, you can:

• Create and modify Push Topics (i.e. streamable SOQL queries) without disrupting streaming data
  • Manage multiple subscriptions
  • View subscribed data updates in pretty-printed raw JSON
  • Monitor long polling with adjustable levels
  • Listen to other meta channels
  • Automatically connect and disconnect on page load and unload

See a live demo of using Workbench for the Streaming API in the webinar.

See more information about Workbench.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
altaiojokaltaiojok

This was never enabled on the public instance at workbench.developerforce.com because it was unknown what the performance impact would be. That is, it was only available for customers who download and host Workbench themselved. However, things have been going well, so I have just enabled stremaing support on the public instance and will keep an eye on it. Login again and you should see the Streaming Push Topics item on the Queries menu now.

All Answers

sdetweilsdetweil

see my other topic where the connection fails intermittently

KevinG514KevinG514

was this support removed in 23.0.0 Beta 1d?

altaiojokaltaiojok

This was never enabled on the public instance at workbench.developerforce.com because it was unknown what the performance impact would be. That is, it was only available for customers who download and host Workbench themselved. However, things have been going well, so I have just enabled stremaing support on the public instance and will keep an eye on it. Login again and you should see the Streaming Push Topics item on the Queries menu now.

This was selected as the best answer
KevinG514KevinG514

I think the last time I used it to manage push topics was before it was hosted on https://workbench.developerforce.com and was hosted somewhere else.  So i guess that is what the difference was.  

I just logged back in and it is there.  Thanks!

altaiojokaltaiojok

Yeah, that was probably on the unoffical demo that used to be on my personal site. That has been taken down since https://workbench.developerforce.com came online. Glad its working for you! Let me know if you run into any issues with it.