function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alibzafaralibzafar 

API Limit Exceeded - PE

I am exceeding API request Limit, I am using Salesforce Professional Edition and updating records in it from a .Net Application. 

.Net application updates multiple object at a time (Accounts, Contacts, Opportunity, Cases) 

I have tried to make my .net code efficient , but still I am exceeding limit, and than I have to wait 24 hours until it releases the limit. Is there any way to Increase API limit or any other way? 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
alibzafaralibzafar

Can't use bulk API over here, as I am updating one record at a time depending on the particular event that occur on that record, outbound message invokes the web service , than record is updated from .Net app using enterprise wsdl.

However, I have got the solution for this ,  as I have selected the criteria in Workflow as 'Every time the record is created or edited' , due to which whenever a record is updated from .Net application it re-fires the trigger and thus this stuck in the loop and keeps on updating a record until it hit the API Limit. Just changed the Workflow criteria and its working fine. 

Cheers 

Ali 

All Answers

nssfdcnssfdc

Have you tried using the Bulk API?

alibzafaralibzafar

Can't use bulk API over here, as I am updating one record at a time depending on the particular event that occur on that record, outbound message invokes the web service , than record is updated from .Net app using enterprise wsdl.

However, I have got the solution for this ,  as I have selected the criteria in Workflow as 'Every time the record is created or edited' , due to which whenever a record is updated from .Net application it re-fires the trigger and thus this stuck in the loop and keeps on updating a record until it hit the API Limit. Just changed the Workflow criteria and its working fine. 

Cheers 

Ali 

This was selected as the best answer
SuperfellSuperfell

You can also use turn off the "Send Outbound Messages" permission on the profile of the user configured for Outbound Messaging to stop those kinds of loops.

AnkAnk

I am making SOAP calls to update objects directly into salesforce through my middleware. The issue i am having is with the API limits.

We have an object /sales object in salesforce that is related to many objects like account, contracts etc when i write Salesrecords into SF i need to fetch and update these lookup id's / primary keys into salesforce for which i am fetching data real time /ids from salesforce and embedding in my records that write. What this does is it increases the number of API calls that i am making. For example i am updating 500 records every hour in salesforce for every record i do 5 lookups to fetch id's making it 2500 API calls every hour. So in a complete day i have 30000 calls just for this object.

based on what i know there could be couple of ways to minimize that:

1) Fetch master/ lookup data from Salesforce into my middleware tables everytime( but this might cause the process to get slow), also for hourly updates this could make the process very slow.

2) Write some triggers on bulk queries within salesforce to update lookup data.

I am sure other companies would have also faced this issue, would like to know how did they design their interfaces or SF objects to overcome barriers like API limits etc