function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
digamber.prasaddigamber.prasad 

TopicAssignment functionality broken because of Winter'14 release

Hi All,

We are using following chatter REST API to create TopicAssignment

/chatter/feed-items/0D540000015J5ufCAC/topics?topicName=testTopic

{"topicName":"testTopic"}

With v28.0, sending topicName in query string was working fine. This weekend salesforce had release of Winter'14 (v29.0) and now we need to send 'TopicName' as body and its working fine.

However, all of a sudden above TopicAssignment call has stopped working for v28.0. Now it also asking for 'TopicName' in body and when we send 'TopicName' as body, it gives below error:-

• errorCode: JSON_PARSER_ERROR
    • message: Unrecognized field "topicName" at [line:1, column:15]

Looks like, Winter'14 release has broken existing functionality.

Any body who faced this also?

Regards,

Digamber Prasad

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

I am also able to replicate this issue on winter'14 V28.0. I am looking into this and will get back to you.

jody_blyjody_bly

Hi Digamber, 

These requests all work as expected for me:

POST /services/data/v29.0/chatter/feed-items/0D5D0000000MQtg/topics?topicName=NewTopicParam29

POST  /services/data/v29.0/chatter/feed-items/0D5D0000000MQtg/topics 

{"topicName":"NewTopicBody29"}

POST /services/data/v28.0/chatter/feed-items/0D5D0000000MQtg/topics?topicName=NewTopicParam28

The Feed Item Topic request body wasn't supported in 28. 

Are you using Workbench? Maybe you're encountering a Workbench bug. Can you try to make the requests using cURL? 

Jody

alouie_sfdcalouie_sfdc
Yes, I'm seeing the same thing as jody_bly. In the docs, please note that the available version for the request body parameters is v29.0, while the available version for the request parameters is v28.0.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/chatterapi/Content/connect_resources_feed-items_FeedItemTopics.htm