function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
asoyerasoyer 

Forward Exchange messages to smart host on Salesforce

I am working with a customer who would like to implement TLS encryption from Exchange to Salesforce.  We would like to avoid using DNS if possible.

Does SalesForce have a "Smart Host" that Exchange can forward our TLS enabled connector to, instead of using DNS to route?

Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke

Can you be a little more specific about the use case?

If you send emails to Salesforce we advertise TLS on our email servers for inbound connections, we use the preferred TLS settings, which means we will always try to switch the connection to use TLS for all inbound connections, if the sending MTA does not advertise TLS or we can not exchange keys, we will accept the email without TLS.

You can configure your MTA to require TLS and for each messages you deliver to us, only deliver if you can establish a TLS connection with our MTA's. 

asoyerasoyer

Rasmus,

Bear with me, I'm playing messenger for the customer. 

Essentially the customer has a pretty custom setup because they are TLS encrypting both outbound and inbound from SalesForce.  If they could use a Smarthost name from SalesForce instead of having to allow IP addresses for email relaying, that would be optimal.  Is it possible for Salesforce to supply a Smarthost name for this purpose?